Online marketing, sales, and pyramid schemes DEBUNKED

 So today I am coming with an English post because I feel like this topic feels more natural in English. 

Lately, I came across more and more ads on social media, where they would offer remote working, 6 digits salary, and just making money while you are sleeping. So naturally, I found these conditions very appealing and as one of these ads popped up on my Instagram, I said SIGN ME UP! 

This resulted in someone contacting me on Instagram in my DMs. She shortly explained what exactly is that she is doing for a living. 

Which would be as follows:

"I help people get started working online by creating their own sustainable online business in digital marketing - allowing them the freedom to travel the world, spend time with family, friends, pets or pursue other dreams, etc.

Through social media marketing, I promote wellbeing, self-employment, and a freedom-based lifestyle, which is all possible due to a very generous compensation plan (commissions).

No prior experience needed. All the training is available on our online platform where you will learn how to master skills in marketing, branding, advertising, etc.

This platform also offers 1:1 coaching with your mentor & coach, weekly live trainings, weekly team meetings, and access to a global community of entrepreneurs who work all over the world!"

Sounds GREAT right? 

I am very skeptical when it comes to amazing offers such as this one... But I am also very curious, so until I have to give my credit card number or my personal address I am going to investigate... and that's what I did.. 

After this, she sent me a video, of the founders of this "online community". Of course, naturally, these guys were beautiful, tanned, smiley, happy, stressfree, hippy looking people.. PERFECT to advertise their brand, why wouldn't they be? They are experts in advertising as they offer courses for others right? 

So after watching this video the viewer is even more interested in what exactly the catch of this program is. Because they do leave you hanging in regards to what exactly you would be doing...

After watching the video I asked like do I have to create a product or how do I find a product to promote?

Then she answered as below:

"So, I was the same when I started, but when you join our community, there is an option to work with different products from global companies. All of the training you need is provided within the school of marketing and everything you need to know regarding products, business, compensation plans etc. is all in here too! 🥰 it’s fully structured and laid out simply so that it’s as easy as possible for aspiring online entrepreneurs starting out!"

Then she offered to have a phone call just to go over any questions I had. She was really nice and professional, she obviously heard these questions a ton of times so she knew exactly how to answer to still kinda leave me hanging...

I asked things such as:

Do I have to recruit other people or buy any of the products on my own?

How does the training system look like?

etc.

Here are the results of this phone call the details of this work would be that I sign up for their marketing and social media course online, pay approximately 80 £. Then go on and start recruiting other people for this course. I asked how about the products, how do they come into the picture, I thought since this community has business partners of their own I don't have to look for businesses to promote or create my own product. After this, as it turned out, they do have products ready to promote, but I can only promote these products if I personally own them... OR if I create a product of my own...

The main thing we know about pyramid schemes is that their main goal is to lure you in to trust their product enough to buy it yourself and then try to resell it or try to recruit other people to do the same. So basically the same thing that I was just offered above...  As you can see in the above example, they get trickier and trickier, it gets harder and harder to tell if you can trust them or not.

This post is just for me to summarize my thoughts on this topic and not to badmouth anyone, that's why I won't share any details of this community nor the person I was talking to!

Thanks for getting through this long post, I promise there will be more fun things in the future.

Have a great rest of the week y'all!


P.s. Just take it easy like my kitty did on this pic!



Megjegyzések

Népszerű bejegyzések